I would love to tell you that I get up every morning and put on makeup, but that would be woefully inaccurate. I used to be the type of girl that would never leave the house without her face on, but those days are l-o-o-o-o-ng gone. I do make an effort to at least wear the basics, and I’d say that I’m at about 90%. I thought it might be fun to show you my quick 5-minute face makeup routine, and then in another post I’ll give you the whole shebang, for those occasions when I have the time to do it up right. Here is my current stash of make-up. Yep! All that! And I can do it in 5 minutes. I even timed myself!
The secret is the eye shadow applied as eye liner. It’s so fast, and it really defines the eyes. If I were highly motivated, I’d do a video, but this will have to suffice. Here I am, wearing my 5-minute face. With circles under my eyes. What’s up with that? Bad lighting, I think. Any-who. And here’s what I’m wearing (full disclosure – almost all of these links are affiliate links):
- PurePressed Base - it’s a mineral powder makeup that I apply with a big brush, very fast, but not as good coverage as a cream foundation
- Concealer - if I’m in a really big rush, I skip this step
- Laura Mercier powder blush in Persian Rose (it came in a palette that I bought when I had a makeover last year)
- Illusion D’Ombre in 82 EMERVEILLÉ by Chanel – a cream eye shadow that I adore. You just sweep it on with one finger – DONE!
- Laura Mercier Regal Violet eye shadow (also came in the palette) used as eye liner with the Laura Mercier smudge brush (worth its weight IN GOLD) – so easy to apply quickly
- Hypnose Drama mascara (I’ve been wearing Lancome mascara since high school!!)
- eyebrow pencil (because my eyebrows are slowly disappearing… ah aging, ain’t it grand!?)
What is your makeup routine like these days??