After living gluten free for about a year and a half, I’ve got it pretty much figured out.
I’m a creature of habit when it comes to breakfast — I usually eat a variation of eggs with gluten free toast or a bowl of homemade granola.
You know what we eat for dinner; I post my meal plans almost every week.
And for lunch, I either heat up leftovers or snack. (I know I shouldn’t snack for lunch, but it’s so tempting sometimes.)
There are lots of awesome gluten-free snack choices available, so I thought I’d make a list.
Top 10 Gluten Free Snacks
1. Pirate’s Booty — this stuff flies through our house. I should seriously buy stock in this company. I love the puffy, cheesy goodness. And best of all, I recognize and can pronounce every item on the ingredient list. (I just ordered that 12-pack on Amazon; it’s a great price. I normally pay $2.50 a bag, and with the subscription plan, it is less than $2 a bag.)
2. Mary’s Gone Crackers with raw cheddar cheese — goes great with a nice light red wine on a summer afternoon.
3. Kitchen Table Bakers Aged Parmesan Crisps — I was recently send 2 packs of these for review. I had a hunch that I’d like them, and I did. They didn’t last long. They contain no wheat, gluten, trans fats, or sugar; and they are made with certified antibiotic-free cheese that contains no additives.
Yes, there is a theme here. I LOVE CHEESE.
4. Fresh fruit is a staple in our household. Berries are my favorite, but I try to only buy organic as they soak up all the nasty chemicals and pesticides.
5. Honey roasted peanuts — the farmer’s market near our house sells a “homemade” version of these that are just so delicious, I cannot keep them around the house. They are the perfect blend of salty and sweet.
6. Olive Tapenade (I also eat this on Mary’s Seeded Crackers) — this is another delicious treat. The one I buy is a local brand. We always put it out when we’re having friends over for drinks.
7. Kettle Brand chips – we love the Sea Salt, the Sour Cream & Onion, and the BBQ flavors, but the one that I cannot get enough of are the Cheddar n Sour Cream.
Aaaand we’ve come full circle. We’re right back to cheese.
Let’s move on to sweet treats. If you’ve hung around here for any length of time, you know of my love and adoration for Udi’s Gluten Free Foods. I tried every gluten free cookie I could get my hands on, and these are the only ones I bother with anymore. Yes, I am a community leader for Udi’s Gluten Free Living Community, but I was a fan of the brand WAY before that. (If you are gluten free or considering trying to go gluten free, you really should check it out. It’s a fabulous resource.)
8. Udi’s Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites – so rich and chewy and delicious, I don’t even miss the “real deal” anymore.
9. Udi’s Snickerdoodles – these take the cake. Or, um, the cookie. HA! They are just too good to be true. Soft and chewy and cinnamony…. MMM. Perfect with my morning coffee.
10. Homemade Gluten Free Banana Bread — this recipe never ceases to amaze me. It tastes just like the real thing.
Disclosure: This post is pimped out with affiliate links, just so’s ya knows.