{Gluten Free} Weekly Meal Plan 04.02.12 *with Linky*

Gluten Free Meal Plan via Musings of a Housewife

For more gluten free meal plans, see all my Meal Planning posts. Or check out my Recipe Index (not all my recipes are gluten free, but most can be adapted.)

MONDAY: Oregano Chicken with mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach

TUESDAY: Tilapia with Honey-Tangerine Sauce a la Vanderbilt Wife and roasted broccoli & cauliflower

WEDNESDAY: Slow-Cooked BBQ Chicken a la Fun Finds For Families with roasted carrots and brown rice

THURSDAY & FRIDAY: We are going to Washington D.C. for the weekend! Can’t wait!!! So I will be eating out. YAY! We are planning to eat at Firefly on Friday night, but we haven’t decided yet on Thursday. Maybe somewhere in Georgetown. Any suggestions for us??

SATURDAY: Probably takeout pizza from somewhere local, as we will just be getting home from Washington. (I keep Udi’s Gluten Free pizzas in my freezer for these occasions.)

What are you eating this week?

Comments

1. Nicole says

Ooh, DC! That’s my neck of the woods. 2 Amys in Tenleytown has the best neopolitan pizza in DC. Founding Farmers has an amazing menu and a straight from farm to table approach I think you’ll appreciate. Chinatown has lots of little ‘hole in the wall’ restaurants that are perfect for lunches. I would urbanspoon and yelp it up. Have fun!!

True confessions, I didn’t get to half my meals I planned last week. I SO want to try that tho. I kind of forgot about it for this week, and I actually still have some good local pastured sausage in the freezer. So I may try them for tomorrow if I don’t get to Whole Foods to pick up tilapia. I can easily pick up green peppers today, and I have rice.

Your recipes look great! I need to transition to gluten free, but have not convinced hubby yet. I added the oregano chicken on my menu for the week. Looks really good!

Thanks for hosting again! I’m looking forward to seeing the other recipes from people as they are posted. I’ve posted a GF version of German spaetzle, a type of egg noodle, along with a recipe for sauteed collard greens. I call it German fusion ;)

4. Kim says

Have you tried the barbeque chicken in the crockpot before? Interested in what you thought and if you make any accomodations…..I printed that recipe out to try.

5. Gena says

I want to start doing weekly meal plans but I don’t know where to begin! I’m gluten-free and my other half doesn’t eat starchy vegetables. This makes it even more difficult. I think I’ll start with some basics and see if I can master it as you have!