Note: I just updated this post and decided to republish it so you don’t miss it!
If you love fresh burgers hot off the grill, this is a recipe you have to try. I’ve adapted it from Ina Garten’s Real Hamburgers recipe. We eat these at least once a week in the summertime.
If you’re gluten free, as I am, try them on Udi’s gluten free hamburger buns! Lightly toasted, they’re more like a kaiser roll than a squishy burger bun, so they hold up well to lots of nummy toppings.
In this picture, I served my burger with Cotswold cheese, red onions (why are they not called purple onions???) and lettuce with a side of red peppers.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- your favorite toppings
- Mix everything together lightly with a fork or clean hands.
- Gently form each hamburger into a patty.
- Grill over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until they are cooked to your preferences. Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Rest for 5 minutes and serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
These gourmet burgers are perfect for your July 4th cookout next week! For more gluten free Fourth of July recipe ideas, check out this conversation in the Udi’s Community where I’m a community leader.