Chocolate Pudding Pops . . . OH YEAH, BABY!!!!
Summertime is here in full swing, and we are all about the frozen treats in our house. I shared my Homemade Strawberry Popsicles last week, and this week I’m going to show you how easy it is to make Pudding Pops at home.
You basically just make homemade pudding, but you don’t let it get quite as thick as you would if you weren’t going to freeze it. Then just pour it into your favorite Pop Molds. The hardest part is waiting for them to be ready to eat!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp tapioca starch
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces good quality chocolate
- Blend the sugar, cocoa, salt and starch in a heavy saucepan.
- Place it on the stovetop, and turn the heat on medium-low.
- Gradually whisk the milk into the dry ingredients.
- Heat it until it just starts to boil, whisking constantly.
- Right when it begins to boil, remove it from the heat.
- Break an egg into a cereal bowl and beat it briskly for several seconds.
- Take a soup ladle and ladle some of the chocolate mixture into the egg, blend well, then return the egg/chocolate mixture to the saucepan.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips, and stir until they are dissolved.
- Very carefully pour the pudding into the popsicle molds.
- Put in freezer for several hours or overnight.
One nice thing about these pudding pops is that they are gluten-free, so I can enjoy them too!!
What is your favorite gluten-free summertime treat? Share over in the Udi’s Gluten Free Community.
linking up with Real Food Wednesday