This Pumpkin Pancake recipe is another from the book, Practical Paleo, that our family is enjoying these days. Mine turn out very thin, almost like crepes. In fact, I like to roll mine up and eat them like this. The batter is quite simple, basically egg and pumpkin with vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice for flavor, a bit of baking soda, and maple syrup for sweetener.
Delicious pumpkin flavored pancakes that are paleo-friendly and gluten-free!
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBSP butter or coconut oil
- Whisk eggs, pumpkin, syrup and vanilla together.
- Sift cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda into pumpkin mixture.
- Melt butter on stove and blend into batter.
- Spoon onto hot griddle. (Go small; batter is thin and will spread).
- When they start to bubble, flip for another minute.
- Serve with butter and powdered sugar.
Adapted from Practical Paleo.