I’m scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to having new recipes to share with you. I haven’t experimented with something new in ages . . . except the one time I made a crockpot chicken curry and we loved it, but I forgot to take pictures. **FOOD BLOGGER FAIL**
I came across this photo — admittedly, not one of my best — of a recipe I tried a couple months ago called Pepperoni Pizza Pasta. I recalled that we enjoyed this easy weeknight meal, but I’m not sure where I found the recipe. It might have been from one of my meal plan linkys. I would love to give credit where credit is due, so if it was your post, let me know!
Basically, I cooked up a box of pasta (gluten free for us, but any kind will do.) While that was cooking, I browned some ground beef, and then I mixed in a jar of Rose Romano’s Italian Peppers — a bell pepper flavored marinara that is out of this world. Rose Romano’s is my client, but I honestly love the product and use it any chance I get. The peppers lend a lovely hearty flavor to this dish. Then I cut up some of my favorite Applegate Farms nitrate-free pepperoni and mixed that into the meat sauce. I don’t remember how much. Eye it up; this isn’t rocket science.
When the pasta is done, you drain it, spread it in a casserole dish, pour the sauce over top, sprinkle with cheese, and then bake until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly.
Simple and delicious!
- 12-oz box gluten-free elbow macaroni noodles
- olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jar Rose Romano's Italian Peppers or your favorite jarred marinara sauce
- sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile brown ground beef in olive oil or lard over medium heat.
- Reduce heat; mix in the marinara and sliced pepperoni. Taste and add seasoning if necessary.
- Spread pasta into a 9x9 casserole dish.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta.
- Sprinkle cheeses on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling around the edges.
- Serve immediately with a side salad.