Striped Skirt: Three Ways #fashionfriday

Striped Skirt Three Ways

I’m loving stripes right now, but the one article of clothing that I haven’t tried yet is the striped skirt. I used to think that horizontal stripes on a skirt would be unflattering, but the key is to find a skirt that fits properly. I personally feel that a pencil skirt is the most universally flattering cut, but maybe that’s just because it’s the one that works best on me!

Also, narrower stripes tend to be more slimming than wider stripes. But don’t be afraid to try them! You might discover you really like the look. I am currently on the lookout for a fabulous striped skirt in navy or black and white. It can be just as versatile as a solid but way more fun!

Here are 3 different ways to wear a striped skirt.

For the Office

Striped Skirt for the Office

Try a coordinating blazer for a sleek office look. Go for a blouse with a punch of color such as this lime green. Black pumps and a conservative neutral tote will keep this look cool and professional.

For the Weekend

Dress it down for the weekend or a casual daytime lunch with flat sandals and a tee shirt. A denim jacket keeps you casual while still providing structure and a cool, casual vibe. Add a stack of bangles and a chunky necklace, or keep it simple with a pretty pendant.

Striped Skirt for Weekend

A Night Out

Dress up your stripes for a fun night out with your honey or the girls! Pair the striped skirt with a cute blouse. Wear a pair of colorful wedge sandals and a great pair of dangly earrings. Carry a cute clutch cuz you won’t be needing diapers and a sippy cup tonight!

Striped Skirt for a GNO

Join Our Fashion Friday Blog Hop!

Comments

You beat me again! LOL. I gotta get up earlier. ;-) I haven’t tried it yet, I also don’t wear a ton of skirts, I am high waisted and it can be a pain to find the right one. And then I usually feel overdressed. But I want to try to find one that is a bit stretchy and casual.

Yes, it’s amazing how many ways you can wear black & white stripes. I have a b&w striped dress and I often layer a chambray shirt, jacket, or sweater on top. It’s super versatile. In fact, I did a post a few weeks ago on how to wear one black and white striped dress 7 ways.

It would be nice to get a skirt for summer!
    ~FringeGirl

2. Melissa says

These are all so cute!

Okay, I have a dumb question. Are the tops supposed to be tucked in? I always wonder about that when I see outfits that aren’t actually on a person…ha.

Jo-Lynne,
    It was great meeting you at Type A Philly last weekend! I am on the fence about the horizontal striped skirt. I would like to see a picture of you wearing it; of course you are very skinny, so would probably rock it!
    Estelle

super cute. love them all. not sure i could rock stripes, being a bigger girl, but would go for these styles if i were smaller.

Thanks for the inspiration! I just got a black and white striped skirt from Target. I got a black shirt to go with it but I kept thinking to myself that I needed to branch out and go for some more color. I will still wear it with the black but now that I can see other ways to wear it I know it will be a very versatile piece this summer!

6. Leah says

Hey. I chanced upon your website when i enter striped skirts. Just an FYI- TJ MAxx has some cute striped (bk and wht and navy)….
    Nice web site.