After a somewhat harrowing trip, I’m back home from California! Okay, harrowing might be over-doing it, but I got stuck last night in Dallas, Texas when my flight was cancelled due to severe weather here in Philly.
Fortunately Bosch took good care of me (I was on a press trip with Bosch, which I will be writing about very soon!) and set me up in the Grand Hyatt that is attached to the airport. I mean, I seriously walked right out of the terminal and into the hotel. I’ve never seen anything so brilliant! Do other airports have this setup? It was glorious.
I wasn’t able to get my bags, as they were being held hostage by American Airlines (never again will I travel without basic necessities in my carry-on!!!) but I at least had a nice room to spend the night in. After I got settled in, which didn’t take long because again, I had no bags, I wandered downstairs to the restaurant/bar area to get a bite to eat and a drink to calm my frazzled nerves and ended up chatting for a few hours with another fellow stranded passenger. Then I was up at 5am this morning to get my replacement flight back to Philly. I don’t think I’ve ever been quite so happy to be home!
So now that I’m back it’s time to think about July 4th! That morning, we have plans to attend a local festival, and I’ll be running a 10K. Then I’m hoping to put together an impromptu 4th of July BBQ that afternoon with whomever I can find to join us.
I love summer barbecues, and I wanted to create a recipe roundup that is nutritious as well as delicious. Summer is the easiest season to eat healthy — fresh veggies and fruits are plentiful and no one wants to feel weighed down with heavy foods. Here are some easy, healthy recipes that will get your 4th of July barbecue rave reviews! I will be trying a few of these this week. I’ll be sure to report back and let you know how it goes.
10 Healthy Recipes for Your 4th of July Entertaining Inspiration
1. Savoring The Thyme’s Vegetarian Tortellini Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
2. Giving Up on Perfect’s Flag Fruit Kabobs
3. Laylita’s Garden Salad with Lime Cilantro Dressing
4. A Life From Scratch’s Crunchy Herb Potato Salad
5. Little Leopard Book’s Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Skewers
6. Virtually Homemade’s Grilled Corn with Ancho Chili Butter
7. Musings of a Housewife’s Bacon & Cheddar Deviled Eggs
8. Booty Camp’s Grilled Avocado with Fresh Tomato Salsa
9. Food, Family, & Finds Frozen Citrus Party Punch
10. Jeanette’s Healthy Living Berry Yogurt Parfait
Do you have any fun plans for the 4th?
If you’re gluten free, check out our Healthy Recipes for July 4th page at the Udi’s Gluten Free Community.