40 Workout Songs :: My Running Playlist

running-songs

I’ve had a few requests for my current running playlist. I change it up often because I need fresh music to keep me motivated. It’s amazing what the right song on the playlist can do for my endurance — especially in that last mile when I really just want to phone it in.

While I rotate my music often and try to get new songs on there regularly, there are a few artists that are always at the forefront — Pink, Mumford & Sons, Kelly Clarkson, and most recently, Fun.

I know there isn’t much redeeming about the songs on my playlist, but it’s more about the musical score than it is about the lyrics when I’m running. Although sometimes the lyrics fit too.

Like Carry On.

And But just because it burns…Doesn’t mean you’re gonna die…You’ve gotta get up and try try try.

You get the idea. This is my current running playlist. This list is subject to change at any time without notice.

exercise music

What’s on your exercise playlist? Got anything I should add?

Comments

Lots of dirty hip-hop on mine. I love Usher. And Eminem. Love the Way You Lie with Rihanna is a favorite, but it has an awful message. I like Pink too.

This is just perfect! I’m mid-marathon training and have HIT THE WALL with my current playlist. It’s always so fun to see what other people are listening to when they’re also enduring the pain and suffering of a long run :) Can’t wait to head home after work and freshen up my own little playlist!

3. Catherine says

My list is VERY similar to yours, but I also have several Macklemore songs. “Victory Lap” is perfect for running- I try to put it at mile 2 or so, then mile 11. “Ten Thousand Hours” and “Can’t Hold Us” are also on the list and inspiring. Oh and Rolling Stones “You can’t always get what you want”. That one always gets me for whatever reason.

4. Megan says

I miss running with you. I am cleared to run again but I suspect that you are going too far for me now… :) Six is about my limit.

I usually do 6 once during the week, but I guess that’s not going to work out for us since you work and I have to stick close to home b/c of the kids. But I’m almost done!! I only have 2 long runs left before my half marathon. :-) Then I’d love to do 6 on the weekends.

5. Megan says

Also, I’m really liking the Killers right now – Human is on my mix. I have some older songs too – Ride with Me by Nelly and Low by Flo.rid.a (sp?). I may steal a few of these songs though…

6. Diana says

I envy your running list! I have a workout list with some of these. I always want to run but just have never learned to breathe properly. I can make it a mile max and that is it. My legs are good but my breathing is done! I do more of a run, then walk it off, then run again until I can’t stand it!

I only have Christian music on my phone (my teens just roll their eyes – LOL!). Maybe I need to expand my playlist. :) If you like Christian music, Mandisa Remixed: Get Movin’ is fun & upbeat for working out.

My daughter LOVES Ed Sheeran! :)

I’m happy to have Christian recommendations. I try to like Christian music, lol. But most of it … for a while I did have Jesus Friend of Sinners by Casting Crowns on my playlist but I got tired of it. I love that one. I need to hunt down some more like it.

• Kelly says

I’m all about the lyrics and beats. My whole playlist is Christian. My running time is some of my best prayer time!

A few of my favs…
        Toby Mac, tonight
        Toby Mac, Me without you
        Group 1 crew, He said
        Need to breathe, keep your eyes open
        Colton Dixon, you are
        Chris Tomlin, you lifted me out
        Britt Nicole, all this time
        Jason Gray, remind me who I am
        Newsboys, Something beautiful

8. Rachel says

My list is so weird, about 30 songs, I listen to it when I’m doing the weight machines and stationary bike, so it’s a little different feel. Walk by Pantera, Stronger by Kanye West, and I also have Madness by Muse. But, no workout playlist is complete without Good Vibrations by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch!

9. Genevieve says

Thanks fr sharing your list. I am training for a half at the end of October and needed to update (and add more titles!) to my list as I start hitting my longer runs.