This is the easiest dinner you will ever make. I’m serious. I don’t know why I don’t make it twice a week.
This pulled pork recipe requires three ingredients and a crockpot. That’s it. And it’s delicious.
All you do is take an onion, slice it, and lay it in the bottom of a crockpot. Place a pork shoulder roast on top, sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper, turn the crockpot on low and forgetaboutit.
In six or eight hours, open the lid and dump your favorite barbecue sauce in. If you want, you can let it cook for another hour and allow the flavors to sink in. Or, if you’re lazy like me, you can turn it off and start shredding right then and there. The sauce will mix in and it will taste just fine.
I use two forks to pull the meat apart and shred it. If it doesn’t come apart easily, you didn’t cook it long enough.
Serve it on a roll (I use Udi’s Gluten Free Hot Dog Rolls) with your favorite sides.
It doesn’t get any easier than that!
- 3-4 pound pork shoulder
- 1 onion
- 1 jar BBQ sauce
- salt and pepper
- Udi's Gluten Free Hot Dog Rolls
- Slice a large sweet onion into discs and drop them into the bottom of a crockpot.
- Sprinkle the pork loin on all sides with salt and pepper and place it on top of the onions in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for six to eight hours or until the pork is falling apart.
- Turn off the crockpot and pour BBQ sauce over the pork to taste; reserve some for serving.
- With two forks, shred the pork and mix in the onions and BBQ sauce.
- Serve on a roll with your favorite sides.
For more gluten-free crockpot recipes, check out the Udi’s Gluten Free Community.