Printed Pants for Fall #FashionFriday

I’ve been asked if I think the colored denim trend will continue for another few seasons. While this is a trend I embraced from the beginning, many of you are just starting to get used to the look and considering trying it out for yourself. I definitely think colored denim will stick around a while — especially in the ‘burbs where we’re not so concerned with being on the cutting edge of fashion.

But.

If you want to get in on the latest trend in denim, I dare you to try a print!

Fall 2013 Trend: Printed Pants

I admit, I didn’t love these at first, but I’m starting to come around.

As with any trend, you have to find a way to make it work for you. I’ve never been a flashy dresser, so I’m not going to go for something like this:

MSGM

Or this:

Ann Taylor

But I might wear these.

Paca Trousers

Or even these:

Cafe Embroidered Capri Pants
I personally prefer a tone-on-tone print or a very small scale print that reads as a solid. Like these Jacquard Pants from Free People . . . LOVE!!!

Free People Jacquard Pants at Nordstrom

And as with any pant, fit is key. If you are more conservative, stick with a traditional slim styling. For me, I will likely stick with denim, as that is my comfort zone.

Gaia Super Skinny Jeans

I love these camo skinny jeans from Gap. And they are running their Gap Friends Event — 35% off your order. WOO!

camo skinny jeans

This coral snakeskin pair is super cute too.

snakeskin always skinny jeans

If you really want to tred lightly, try a subtle print in traditional denim tones like these printed skinny ankle jeans by Merona at Target.

Merona Skinny Ankle Jeans

I am secretly coveting these Jaguar Print Skinnies by Michael Kors. I wonder if I’d have the guts to wear them.

Jaguar Spot Skinny Jeans

What do you think? Are you psyched to wear printed pants (again)? Will you wait and see if your eye adjusts to the trend? Or are you going to sit this one out?

Join Our Fashion Friday Blog Carnival

Comments

I love that you offer ideas for all stages of print acceptance! I would need to start with simple – and actually love the free people jeans too!

I haven’t tried the printed pants yet, I do have to say I think they are super cute, but not sure I’m daring enough for wearing them myself. I am not afraid to use colors and pattern on my tops, so why not on my pants!!!

I have two pairs of printed pants for winter. I bought them last fall and I have to say that I really love them. They are just fun and although my husband calls them my Florida retiree pants, I think they’re quite trendy. Can’t wait to wear them again!
    ~FringeGirl

I’ve tried several times this summer to find navy skinny jeans with a lighter blue polka dot. They have some like it at Target. But I’ve never been able to find one that fit. I can’t see myself wearing floral or camo (especially being very pear), but I like the light denim prints.

I think I’m going to have to sit this one out. My muscular calves and my flabby thighs prevent me from participating! I say go for the Jaguar print pants. You would really rock date night with those!!!! ;)

6. Lee Ann says

I’ll stick with the printed denim, not too much print. Wish I had long legs and narrow hips like all of those models!

7. S says

I got three pairs of printed leggings last year. Loved them, and wore the heck out of them too! I would love to find some printed jeans that fit. I’ve been looking for some mint green ones this summer, but haven’t found the perfect pair yet. I actually have an older pair of flowered capris that I absolutely love, and have never stopped wearing, lol!