I bought a donut pan.
My life is forever changed. LOOK!!
I made these!
I KNOW, right?????? Aren’t these the PERFECT Valentine’s Day treat? My kids are going to FLIP when they get home from school and find these babies waiting on the counter.
So here’s how. Mine are gluten-free, but I’m pretty sure you can make these with regular all-purpose flour if that floats your boat.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- sprinkles, toasted coconut, or nuts for toppings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a donut pan with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and butter.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk to combine. Fold in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into donut pan, filling each well about ½ full. Bake 12-15 minutes or until you can lightly touch the tops of the donuts and they feel firm and cooked through. Remove them from the oven, cool 3-5 minutes in the pan, then remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- While the donuts cool, place the remaining cup of chocolate chips in a double broiler (or set a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water) and allow them to melt slowly. Spread melted chocolate on each donut, then sprinkle with your favorite topping.
Want more Valentine’s inspiration? Check out my Valentine’s Day Pinterest Board! (And be sure to follow it to get regular updates!!!)