This Media Kit was updated on 01.19.14 and is subject to change at any time.
Interested in working with Musings of a Housewife? Check it out!
Metrics for Musings Of A Housewife (as of 01.19.14)
source: Stat Counter
Social Media Footprint
- 4000 total subscribers through RSS feeds and email
- Google Page Rank 4
- 1600 followers on Twitter
- 4500 fans on Facebook
- 33,000 fans on Pinterest
My loyal and engaged community of readers are always interested in finding out about the latest products. My readers are generally 30- and 40-year-old women (mostly moms) running middle to upper-middle class households. Interests include fitness, nutrition, fashion, food and wine, natural living, and children’s products.
About Musings of a Housewife
Musings of a Housewife is a personal lifestyle blog about fashion, food, fitness and family travel. Find wholesome, nutritious gluten-free recipes, weekly meal plans, health & wellness tips and fitness inspiration from a recovering non-athlete, blogging tutorials and social media advice, relatable style and beauty posts for the suburban housewife, and reviews of family-friendly travel destinations.
I have worked hard to establish myself as a trustworthy member of the mom blogging community, and I believe that my open and genuine writing style has created an ever-expanding and inclusive community online and on the local and national blogging scenes.
Who Is Jo-Lynne Shane?
A former 3rd grade teacher turned digital mom, I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia with my husband of 18 years, three lively children (ages 7, 10 and 13), and one terribly spoiled shih tzu named Savannah.
- Owner and Author, Musings of a Housewife
- Co-Founder and Facilitator, Philly Social Media Moms
- One of Nielsen Online‘s 50 Most Influential Women in Social Media
- Brand Ambassador for Tanger Outlets, InStyle Magazine and others
- Target Inner Circle Member
- Social Media Manager for Rose Romano’s Italian Foods
- Brand Ambassador, Udi’s Gluten Free Foods
- Contributing Writer to DoctorOz.com and Smart Beauty Guide
- Freelance Writer
- Conference Speaker
I have made appearances for Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales and attended media junkets to the corporate headquarters of TJMaxx, iRobot, Target, Chick-Fil-A, Bosch, CVS and Disney World. I’ve been featured on 95.7 BEN FM, and my writing has been published on Mothering.com and BlogHer.com. I participated in an advertorial for Olay which appeared in the October 2012 print edition of Cosmopolitan Magazine.
My recipes have been featured in Redbook, Elle, Cosmopolitan, Woman’s Day and Southern Living magazines and on DoctorOz.com. I recently appeared on the Dr. Oz Show to make a healthier version of our local delicacy, the Philly Cheesesteak, and I write a recipe column for DoctorOz.com. I’m currently writing a gluten-free breakfast and brunch cookbook for Adams Media.
- 300 x 250 pixel sidebar banner ads
- 300 x 600 pixel sidebar banner ads
- 468 x 60 pixel ad embedded in posts (visible to RSS and email subscribers)
A sponsored campaign includes a sponsored post with the option for a giveaway; 300×250 banner advertising for one month; and social media support through Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Video reviews are also available for an extra fee. Examples include:
- Plan Toys
- Hyatt House Blogger Cooking Challenge
- Tips for Gluten Free Entertaining
- Roots and Wings
- Fashion Inspiration by Simply Blended.
Ask about a Mom Style Feature. Examples include:
I am available as a brand spokesperson/ambassador, and I am able to represent your brand at blog conferences. I have made appearances for Hebrew National and Huggies as well as Bloomingdales and Neiman Marcus. Contact me to discuss custom packages.
Family Travel Experiences:
We love to travel as a family and share our experiences with my audience. After almost all of my travel posts, the featured destinations have received bookings from my referrals. We can create videos and blog posts to wrap up the event, and we share our experience in real time via twitter, facebook and instagram posts.
Take a look at our coverage of our last trip to Baltimore with the Four Seasons!
- Experiencing the Four Seasons Baltimore
- Experiencing the National Aquarium Baltimore
- Baltimore Restaurant Review: Talara
- YouTube: Baltimore Inner Harbor Four Seasons Visit
See all my Family Travel Posts.
- Type A Advanced Philly, 2013
- Digital Family Summit, June 2012
- Pennsylvania Conference for Women, October 2011
- PSMM Blog Design Workshop, July 2011
- Type A Parent Conference, 2011
- Blissdom Conference, 2010, 2011 and 2012
- Mom Space Blogging Conference, 2010
- Child’s Play Communications Bloggers Brunch, 2009
- She Speaks Conference, 2009
Thank you for your interest in supporting Musings of a Housewife.