This Media Kit was updated on 5/7/13 and is subject to change at any time.
Interested in working with Musings of a Housewife? Check it out!
Metrics for Musings Of A Housewife (as of 05.01.13)
source: Stat Counter
Social Media Footprint
- 3000+ total subscribers through RSS feeds
- 1300+ monthly newsletter subscribers
- Google Page Rank 4
- 8000+ followers on Twitter
- 2500+ fans on Facebook
- 3000+ fans on Pinterest
My loyal and engaged community of readers are always interested in finding out about the latest products. My readers are generally 30- and 40-year-old women (mostly moms) running middle to upper-middle class households. Interests include fitness, nutrition, fashion, food and wine, natural living, and children’s products.
About Musings of a Housewife
Musings of a Housewife is a personal lifestyle blog about fashion, food, fitness and family travel. Find wholesome, nutritious gluten-free recipes, weekly meal plans, health & wellness tips and fitness inspiration from a recovering non-athlete, blogging tutorials and social media advice, relatable style and beauty posts for the suburban housewife, and reviews of family-friendly travel destinations.
I have worked hard to establish myself as a trustworthy member of the mom blogging community, and I believe that my open and genuine writing style has created an ever-expanding and inclusive community online and on the local and national blogging scenes.
Who Is Jo-Lynne Shane?
A former 3rd grade teacher turned digital mom, I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia with my husband of 17 years, three lively children (ages 7, 10 and 13), and one terribly spoiled shih tzu named Savannah.
- Owner and Author, Musings of a Housewife
- Co-Founder and Facilitator, Philly Social Media Moms
- One of Nielsen Online‘s 50 Most Influential Women in Social Media
- Brand Ambassador for Tanger Outlets, InStyle Magazine and others
- Target Inner Circle Member
- Social Media Manager for Rose Romano’s Italian Foods
- Community Leader, Udi’s Gluten Free Living
- Contributing Writer for Kid Pointz Oh, Behave Blog
- Advisory Board Member, Bloganthropy.org
- Freelance Writer
- Conference Speaker
I have made appearances for Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales and attended media junkets to the corporate headquarters of TJMaxx, iRobot, Target, Chick-Fil-A and Disney World. I’ve been featured on 95.7 BEN FM as Marilyn Russell’s Woman of the Week. My writing has appeared in Mothering.com, my gluten free banana bread recipe was featured in the January 2013 edition of Southern Living Magazine (both in print and online), and my advertorial for Olay appeared in the October 2012 print edition of Cosmopolitan Magazine.
Rates vary; contact me at email@example.com to discuss custom packages and rates.
- 125×125 pixel sidebar banner ads
- 300 x 250 pixel sidebar banner ads
- Banner ads embedded in posts
Standard Review & Giveaway
A product review is written from a personal perspective with my honest and authentic opinions, and the giveaway runs for approximately one week. Readers enter by leaving a comment on the post, and optional entries are given for tweets, follows*, subscriptions, etc. This package also includes a 125×125 banner advertising for the month. Contact me for rates. Examples include We Take the Cake and Tassimo Coffee Brewer.
Mom Style Feature
A twist on a standard review, I am happy to feature a fashionable item in one of my mom style posts. These may or may not include a giveaway. Examples include Dansko Shoes and Fossil’s Vintage Revival Collection.
A sponsored campaign includes a sponsored post with or without a giveaway, 300×250 banner advertising, social media support through Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, and a newsletter feature. Video reviews are also available. Examples include Moxie Jean, Gilette Fusion Proglide Razor, Plan Toys and the Hyatt House Blogger Cooking Challenge.
I am available as a brand spokesperson/ambassador, and I am able to represent your brand at blog conferences. I have made appearances for Hebrew National and Huggies as well as Bloomingdales and Neiman Marcus.
- Type A Advanced Philly, 2013
- Digital Family Summit, June 2012
- Pennsylvania Conference for Women, October 2011
- PSMM Blog Design Workshop, July 2011
- Type A Parent Conference, 2011
- Blissdom Conference, 2010, 2011 and 2012
- Mom Space Blogging Conference, 2010
- Child’s Play Communications Bloggers Brunch, 2009
- She Speaks Conference, 2009
Thank you for your interest in supporting Musings of a Housewife.