Hey it’s Colleen, and today I have quite the treat for you! I have 9 delicious recipes inspired by the versatile flavors of El Diablo Hot & Spicy Mustard, created for you by 9 fabulous food bloggers from across the country to celebrate National Grilling Month! And guess what else?? (I am giggling like a schoolgirl staring at her crush!)
I have a an awesome giveaway for you too!
TWO PEOPLE WILL WIN A GRILL!! Squeal!
Prize Package #1 includes:
- The Backyard Grill 4-Burner Gas Grill features an attractive stainless steel lid and a cast iron cooking surface with a 28-burger capacity. This outdoor gas grill also boasts a large warming rack, a convenient stainless steel tube handle, a built-in bottle opener and a handy temperature gauge. Two plastic wheels help to make positioning quick and easy. This full-size grill is a must-have for anyone who takes their outdoor cooking seriously.
- The 3-Piece Ergo Handle Tool Set includes a long-handled spatula, fork and tongs. The set is made with high-quality stainless steel construction and patented, arched handles for maximum comfort and control.
- Blue Rhino Coupon for Free Propane to get you cooking on your gas grill right away!
- El Diablo Hot & Spicy Mustard 6 Pack, “the mustard that bites you back” to go with all of those fabulous foods your will be grilling up this season!
Prize Package # 2 includes:
- Hot Box Grill 360+ is the most versatile outdoor cooker you’ll ever own. Grill, Roast & Smoke your favorite foods to perfection. You can configure the separate charcoal and food grates in hundreds of different ways, allowing you to cook all of your backyard and tailgating favorites. Grill a dozen or more big juicy hamburgers, roast two beer can chickens or smoke a 20 pound pork butt low & slow.
- El Diablo Hot & Spicy Mustard 6 Pack, “the mustard that bites you back.”
Because of the unique patent-pending design clean-up, transporting and storing the Hot Box Grills 360+ is easy. It’s an American made, full-size heavy-duty powder-coated steel cooker that you can take just about anywhere! Tuck it behind the seat of your truck or place in the trunk of your car – the compact design leaves plenty of room!”
How’s THAT for a fun giveaway?? Follow #GetGrilling via your favorite social media channels for all the recipes and fun surrounding this awesome giveaway!
To help inspire you to run for your grill and #GetGrilling, the 9 of us each received a box of El Diablo Mustard to try out and come up with a recipe that anyone at any backyard BBQ might enjoy.
I came up with a number of dishes, and today I have a delicious recipe for Sweet & Spicy Baked Beans for you. Two things I that think make these beans extra special are the addition of ham and El Diablo Jalapeno Mustard! The mustard gives the beans a little kick without actually chopping up a jalapeno, and the ham chunks take it to another level! It’s an easy BBQ side dish that will have your family and friends asking you for the recipe!
Have fun checking out all the recipes from my foodie friends, and good luck!! Who knows, YOU could be the winner of one of these 2 fabulous prize packages!
- Colleen/Souffle Bombay - Bacon Wrapped BBQ Shrimp with a Chipotle Mustard Glaze
- Carolyn/All Day I Dream About Food – Cocoa-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Chipotle Mustard Sauce
- Marie/Little Kitchie – Grilled Spicy Mustard BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Kita/Girl Carnivore – Spicy Mustard Brats with Sauerkraut
- Heather/Sugar Dish Me – Hot Honey Mustard Wings
- Lauryn/The Vintage Mom – Spicy Mustard Mayo Chicken Kabobs
- Kellie/The Suburban Soapbox – Grilled Beef Tenderloin Sandwich with Spicy Steakhouse Aioli
- Barry/Welcome to the Cookout - Championship Baby Back Ribs
Enjoy, good luck & happy grilling!!
Here’s the Baked Beans recipe in an easy printable format. ENJOY!
- 1 TBS grapeseed or olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 2 TBS minced garlic
- ¾ cup diced ham steak
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 TBS El Diablo Jalapeno Mustard
- ½ TBS Worcestershire sauce
- ½ TBS chili powder
- 3 - 15oz cans baked beans (drain 1 of the cans of sauce, keep the sauce from the other 2)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a heavy pot or dutch oven over medium heat, saute the onions in the oil until soft about 7-8 minutes.
- Add in the ham and garlic and continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in the syrup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and pork and beans (drain the sauce from one of the cans add in the other two cans as is). Bring beans to a slow simmer, lower heat and continue to cook for another 15 minutes stirring occasionally. Taste, season and adjust to your liking. If you want it spicier, add in a few dashes of Cayenne pepper.
- You can choose to serve this immediately or cool the beans, cover them and when ready to use them, reheat in a 375 degree oven for about 35-40 minutes.