Baked Pumpkin Donuts w/ Pumpkin Spice Glaze
The leaves are starting to fall and you can almost smell the change in the air! Fall is on its way!
It’s Colleen here today, and I will be the first to admit I didn’t want the summer of 2014 to end, however, once fall began to emerge with its glorious crisp cool mornings and achingly blue skies… all of a sudden I am like, summer-who??
Nothing says early fall… well, from the kitchen anyway, like pumpkin-flavored treats, warm apple crisps and a big ol’ pot of soup… am I right?
Today I have for you a super easy fall treat you can make in under 15 minutes — Easy Baked Pumpkin Donuts with a Pumpkin Spice Glaze! By adding Pumpkin Pie Spice (that you can make yourself) to the glaze, these donuts go to a whole new level!
This baked pumpkin donut recipe is a favorite of my kids. They can make them start to finish on their own…so I would guess your kids or grand kids could as well.
Mini donut pans are rather inexpensive, its great to have one around for when the mood for a fun treat strikes, plus there are SO many variations you can try (see some of ours below.)
What is the food or drink that you crave every Fall?
Besides pumpkin, the first thing I am going to make on the first cool day is this incredible (and super-popular) White Bean & Bacon Soup. It’s one of both my husbands and my favorites!
Happy (almost) Fall!
- Pumpkin Donuts
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice*
- ⅓ cup oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin (roasted or canned - NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- Pumpkin Spice Glaze
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ - 2½ TBS water
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice*
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your donut pan (you could also use a mini cupcake pan)
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, spice(s) in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine oil, sugar, egg and pumpkin in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients, stir until combined.
- Place mixture into a pastry bag or plastic baggie (snip off one corner) and fill each donut hole to just under ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack and allow to cool.
- For Pumpkin Spice Glaze:
- Combine powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice and water in a small bowl and mix well until blended and smooth. Adjust water or powdered sugar as necessary to achieve a somewhat thick drizzle.
- Place glaze in a small plastic baggie, snip off one corner and drizzle over donuts.
- Allow glaze to firm up for 5-10 minutes. As with any donut, these are best eaten the day they are made.
Click here to find out how to make your own simple Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend, which is both a money and time saver!
Sometimes powdered sugar can create lumps in your icing or drizzle. That can be avoided by simply sifting your sugar first or by pressing it through a strainer.
Want more donut recipes? Try these!